WHY JOIN THE HBRA OF SOUTHERN VERMONT?
Networking - Monthly Membership Meetings, Home & Recreation Show, Golf Tournament, Summer Barbeque, Annual Meeting/Holiday Party
Insurance - worker’s comp./liability; home & auto
Education - Monthly Membership Meetings, Seminars
Increase Business - Home & Recreation Show, Membership Directory, Monthly Meetings, Excellence in Housing Awards
Legislative - Get your voice heard on issues that are important to your industry. We join forces with No.VT HBRA to advance our interests in Montpelier
Discounts - Member to Member Discounts promoting “DO BUSINESS WITH A MEMBER”, discounts off Dell Computers, GM vehicles, and more…
Community Involvement - Educate the community through our Home & Recreation Show and Membership Directory & Buyers Guide.
New members receive great benefits!
*FREE website link from cvthomebuilders.com during first year as members! (value $50)
*FREE entry for Excellence in Housing Awards (value $25)
*FREE dinner certificate (value $25)
*Listed in HBRA-SV website membership directory by name and up to 5 categories (value $120), as well as in the printed version of the Membership Directory (value $250)
*Listed in HBRA-SV E-newsletter when join (value $40)
*Opportunity to have a FREE new member profile for the E-newletter, as well as an ad. (value $80)
*Also a member of National Association of Home Builders when join (value $150)…read the value of NAHB Membership at the end of the list of benefits.
List of Benefits:
- Business referrals and work opportunities
- Network with other builders, sub-contractors, suppliers & associated business members at meetings, special events, Home Show, Golf Tourney and more.
- Membership in the National Association of Home Builders ($182 value)—when you join HBRA-SV you become a member of the National Association of Home Builders which gives you: a wide network of assistance; local, state and national involvement in government issues effecting our industry with access to state and national builder lobbyists; national conventions; access to nahb.org with savings at nahb.org/ma; and more!
- Legislative... we want to know the issues members are concerned about and voice concerns to Montpelier.
- Insurance - Extremely competitive Home & Auto, Business & Workers comp. Insurance programs
- Membership Directory & Buyers Guide - each member listed free in up to 5 categories...goes to phone inquiries to potential home buyers and/or those building homes; copies distributed to all members to encourage DOING BUSINESS WITH MEMBERS, as well as to Rutland Chamber office, Rutland Visitor’s Center, Realtors, Banks, Member lumber yards; Home & Recreation Show, and more! Advertising available.
- Business listed on our website www.cvthomebuilders.com
- Member to Member Discounts:
Portland Glass - $25 off insurance deductible on Auto Glass. Free one year road hazard guarantee. Purchase vinyl replacement or new construction windows and receive FREE Low E and Argon Gas for each window ($60 savings).
Allen Pools & Spas
First Line Security - 10% off an installed alarm system
Toolcraft Rental & Sales and Green Mountain Rental & Sales - 10% discount with proof of membership
Vermont B/A Magazine - 25% one-time discount for new members on first ad, existing members can also get discount if they haven’t previously advertised in the magazine
LaValley Building Supply - 5% discount on most items
Sherwin-Williams - On top of discount program, " Which varies due to type and volume of account," 2 Free Purdy brushes for filling out a commercial credit application
Gilmore Home Center - 10% discount on non-sale items and 30% off Carhartt Clothing, includes special orders
r.k. Miles--contractor pricing with proof of membership
- Monthly E-Newsletter with advertising opportunities. New members receive FREE ad in the E-newsletter, and can submit a FREE profile.
- FREE website link from cvthomebuilders.com to your site during first year as member! (value $45)
- New members receives FREE entry Excellence in Housing Awards (value $20)
- Discounts: Dell Computers; GM vehicles ($500 value); +more….
- Monthly Membership Meetings with special topics & featured speakers held 2nd Wed. of each month at 6pm. Opportunity to network with other members… 50/50 (members wear spike pins/clothing from recruiting new members to get extra 50/50 ticket when they buy one) and door prize drawings (opportunity to showcase your business). Some are sponsored/FREE! Members can be featured speaker for $150. New Members receive FREE dinner cert.
- Excellence in Housing Awards to recognize members. Annual event. Entries/Sponsors.
- Home & Recreation Show... Annual event held in April...member booth rental discount
- Educational Seminars and Workshops
- Golf Tournament… Annual event in September
- Holiday Party/Annual Meeting in December
Value of NAHB Membership
- NAHB’s advocacy efforts on behalf of members in the legislative, regulatory and legal arenas saved the typical home builder about $7,250 per housing start (both single- and multifamily) in 2012.
- Some of the actions resulting in savings:NAHB’s challenge to EPA stormwater regulations saved builders $1,970 on each new home built last year.
- Advocacy on form 1099 reporting requirements saved each member $230.
- NAHB saved remodelers $260 per room on lead testing requirements.
- Fire sprinkler victories will save $6,316 per home in areas where the victories have been achieved.
- An important NAHB win with the Supreme Court could save up to $200,000 for those seeking wetlands permits.
- A higher FHA loan limit saved 6,300 new home sales in 2012.
- Elimination of a proposed visitability requirement from the IRC will save $1,350 per home.
Click HERE to download a PDF of the HBRA of Southern Vermont Membership Application